Saturday, October 20, 2007

You Like This Crap??

Ladies and gentlemen welcome. Thank you for joining tonight as we bring you another edition of "James actually like this shit!?" where we share a song/album you would be shocked James likes. Whether it's because the singer isn't screaming or because most people thing it's pure shit.


In todays episode we'll be looking at a Santa Cruz band James was introduced to in Riverside.

::Someone from the crowds screams "951 for life mother fucka!!"::

Thank you sir. I wish you safe travels in your beat up 89 ghetto lifted Ranger with mods worth more money then your mobile home located in between two meth labs. ... Thanks for joining us.

The band in todays spotlight is The Expendables. Here is a little video they shot for one of James' fav's, "Sacrifice"




So yea. My buddy whom I worked with at the G-Store introduced me to these guys and others like them; Slightly Stoopid, Pepper, etc etc. I was instantly hooked by them, to the point where I drove all the way down PCH just to see them play a very small gig on a bar right on the beach. They put on an awesome show even though they were only playing for maybe a hundred people. If any band deserves to make, they do. Incredibly talented group of guys.

Even got to throw back a few shots of Yager' (I really am from Riverside aren't I?) with the band and they were cool as can be. Even with the god awful drive, it was one of the top 10 days off my life. Enjoyed every moment of it.

No comments: